RVA Online: Titchie
RVA Online ensures educational continuity for our Titchie students.
Without exception, our teachers love their Titchies. During this season of considerable change, we aim to uphold our students’ learning through familiar instructional methods.
Most assignments are formatted to mirror our in-classroom work, allowing students to approach their schoolwork with confidence and understanding. Teachers will assess all assignments and provide ongoing support for parents.
(student login required)
We offer two options for Titchie e-learning: our Essential curriculum, and our Enhanced curriculum.
Each teacher will provide his or her class with two-week instructional packets comprising the Essential subjects: math, language arts, science, and social studies. Parents must access the internet a minimum of once every two weeks to download each packet. Once the student completes the work, parents will photograph or scan each page to submit online.
We also offer an Enhanced option with a full complement of subjects. (Math, language arts, science, and social studies are identical to the Essential curriculum.) This option requires more robust technology access.
|Minimum requirements: access to a printer and scanner/camera (most phone cameras are sufficient), and internet access of 3G or better once every two weeks.|
Why choose Essential? If your child’s access to a computer or reliable internet is limited, our Essential curriculum may be a good option for your family.
Let us help.
If the technology requirements are an issue for your family, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Minimum requirements: access to a printer and scanner/camera, student use of a computer, and internet access of 3G or better 3-5 days per week.|
Why choose Enhanced? If your child has reliable access to a computer and high-speed internet, our Enhanced curriculum will provide him or her with the fullest educational experience.
Please read our FAQ sections, then email Peter Wilson at email@example.com with any additional concerns.
General RVA Online FAQ
- When do classes begin online? RVA’s third term will begin as scheduled on April 27, 2020. Instruction for the entire term will be online, with no in-person classes. We hope to bring our seniors back for their commencement ceremony.
- Can my student study online with RVA from our passport country? As long as you are able to meet the technology requirements, students may study with us regardless of location.
- How do I enroll in RVA Online? All current RVA students are automatically a part of RVA Online; you do not need to enroll again. If you wish to withdraw from RVA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to work through the withdrawal process.
- What is the cost of RVA Online? Tuition fees remain the same for this term, and no capital development fees will be assessed. (Room and board will also not be charged.)
- What if I can’t meet the technology requirements for online learning? Please email email@example.com with the specifics of your situation. We hope to find a way to help you.
Titchie Online FAQ
- If I choose the Enhanced Curriculum, is my child required to participate in all of the additional subjects? No. You are free to choose from any of the supplemental classes. However, all Titchie students are required to complete the Essential Curriculum: math, language arts, science, and social studies.