From Tim Hall, RVA Superintendent:
What is missing from the list?
What would be your top priorities for what you would want from an international Christian boarding school?
• A high quality Christian education.
• A supportive nurturing community.
• A wide variety of spiritual formation activities.
• Highly qualified professionals delivering services.
• Support services adequate to meet the needs of all students.
• Diverse opportunities for identifying and developing personal skills and talents.
• Facilities and equipment that support the full breadth of the programs.
While these are all great contributing factors to providing a positive experience at Rift Valley Academy, from our perspective there is still something more that is absolutely core – the foundation of all we hope to provide for each and every student.
As staff, we recognize that above and beyond our “day job,” beyond contributing to making the list above a reality, is our responsibility to daily, lovingly pour into our students from the overflow of our own personal walk with Jesus. We pursue every opportunity for speaking truth into the hearts and lives of students. Our primary focus is discipleship, offering more to our students than simply education. We desire to model for our students what it looks like to live out love for Jesus; to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and to consider others above ourselves; to die to self and to live for Jesus, not in our own strength, but in the strength of God’s Spirit, relying on the wisdom and understanding that comes only from maintaining a vibrant relationship with the Lord. If the Gospel can serve as the foundation on top of which the rest of our students’ education is built, then we have the priorities of what we hope to accomplish in the right order.